What are GICs?
Singularity University Global Impact Challenges (GICs) are incentive competitions organized by geography and theme to identify outstanding entrepreneurs, leaders, scientists, and engineers with the most innovative ideas for moonshot innovations and startups that can positively impact a billion people in 10 years. The winner of each challenge receives a full sponsorship to attend our transformational Global Solutions Program.
Why host GICs?
- Catalyze innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystems around the world
- Scale SU's community of people with exponential and abundance mindsets
- Identify hyper-talented innovators who enter Singularity University’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, which fosters the creation of startups building moonshot solutions to the world's biggest challenge
“I’m always amazed with the creativity we unleash by asking a diverse group of super-talented people to work on something that really matters. For me personally, hosting GIC’s is a great joy to pass on the amazing and life altering experience I had at Singularity University when I was there as a student in the summer of 2010.”
- Anders Hvid
GIC success story
2015 Malaysia GIC winner: Dhesi Raja
AIME's platform provides critical information for disease prediction and outbreak management via machine learning and artificial intelligence. This platform can geolocate the area of the next disease outbreak up to three months before an actual outbreak occurs. Currently, AIME is working to end dengue and Zika outbreaks. In the future, AIME will tackle tuberculosis, the flu, HIV, and malaria.
GICs are made possible by partnerships with sponsor organizations worldwide (corporations, NGOs, foundations, and educational institutions) that are passionate about improving the lives of millions of people. By sponsoring GICs, your organization will demonstrate a strong commitment to creating positive impact and helping implement novel ideas that have the potential to make significant progress in addressing serious global problems.
GIC sponsor benefits include:
- Recognition as an innovative leader within a region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Incredible insights on innovation with the opportunity to capitalize on new ideas
- Valuable goodwill coverage in print, online, and/or in social media
- Invitation to GSP events and Summits in your region
Selected GIC sponsors:
- Inter-American Development Bank (Peru)
- Industrien Fond (Denmark)
- Rand Merchant Bank (South Africa)
- Samsung (Finland)
- City of Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- University of Georgia (USA)
- Fundacion Mustakis (Chile)